Monday, February 19, 2024

Nikki Haley Town Hall and Political Journalism-Day Three and Four

 Day Three was interesting. I first went to a Nikki Haley Town Hall with John Roberts (not that John Roberts.) I found it interesting to see how a Town Hall happens behind the scenes. I always watched Town Halls on TV and never saw how it worked. There was even a slip-up with Nikki Haley's mic. Because of that, she had to restart her Town Hall again! After that, I went to the Lexington County Democrats and learned how the County and State Parties work as a whole, their rules, and their County Convention. 

Day Four was a long day. I first met with AP reporter, Meg Kinnard. Kinnard talked about her career in political journalism and how she interacts with different politicians. Interestingly, she mentioned how politicians have a "mask" when they interact with the press in private and public.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Primary Day and Meeting Marjorie Taylor Greene!- Day Nine

 Today's the day, it's primary day! This is what it has all led up to. Even though I am an intern for the Democratic Party, I had a ...