Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Governor's Mansion and Carol Fowler- Day Five and Day Six

 Day Five was interesting. I first listened to Scott Huffman, a Professor at Winthrop University. I really appreciated his lecture, as he mentioned his work regarding polls and how they work. I liked how he talked about framing and word choice, and how they can change people's answers and opinions about a certain subject. I later went to the Governor's Mansion. I found it very beautiful and was in awe of the design and architecture. 

Day Six was a fun day. I first went to the South Carolina Republican Party's headquarters. I found it interesting to see how the Republicans have different delegate rules compared to the Democrats. They then talked about the history of their party and how they grew as a party. I then went back to the SCDP and talked to Carol Fowler. Fowler was the first female chair of the South Carolina Democratic Party. Her husband was also the DNC chair during the 90s. Fowler explained the history of the primary system, super Tuesday, and the South Carolina primary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Primary Day and Meeting Marjorie Taylor Greene!- Day Nine

 Today's the day, it's primary day! This is what it has all led up to. Even though I am an intern for the Democratic Party, I had a ...