Friday, February 23, 2024

State House Tour and the College of Charleston- Day Seven and Eight

 Hello from Columbia! Today I toured the South Carolina State House. I found it very interesting to see the history behind the State House since it is ancient. It was fascinating to walk through a place so ancient. 

After the tour, we talked to Representative Micah Caskey of Lexington. I found it interesting to see his views on the South Carolina House of Representatives and his personal views. I really enjoyed talking to him.

Day Eight was great! We drove almost two hours to Charleston. The two hours were worth it! Charleston is very charming. We went to the College of Charleston to talk to Gibbs Knotts and Jordan Ragusa, the authors of the book "First in the South." I appreciated them talking to us about South Carolina and the history of the South Carolina primary. 

After that lecture, we attended a Nikki Haley rally in Mount Pleasant, close to Charleston. This was the second rally of hers that I attended. I liked the rally, it was similar to the first one I attended. I enjoyed that it had the USS Yorktown and Fort Sumter in the background. It made for a very picturesque view! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Primary Day and Meeting Marjorie Taylor Greene!- Day Nine

 Today's the day, it's primary day! This is what it has all led up to. Even though I am an intern for the Democratic Party, I had a ...