Saturday, February 24, 2024

Primary Day and Meeting Marjorie Taylor Greene!- Day Nine

 Today's the day, it's primary day! This is what it has all led up to. Even though I am an intern for the Democratic Party, I had a jam-packed schedule. I first went to Lizard's Thicket, a local diner in Columbia, I went there with my class to see "Fox and Friends" broadcasting there, talking to South Carolinians about who they voted for and what are their biggest issues, Sean Hannity even showed up and a few of my classmates got a picture with him! 

After breakfast, we went to the Columbia Saturday Market. As someone who loves Farmers' markets, I appreciated Columbia's market. I enjoyed seeing all the food and business vendors, I even bought a few items from a few vendors. It was fun. 

We then went to a polling station to see people voting and we saw a few media outlets talking about the South Carolina primary, one was MSNBC. I found it interesting to see how media broadcasts work behind the scenes. 

Then something big happened... we saw people waving "Trump 2024" signs and boosting visibility, one of my classmates went to see who it was and Marjorie Taylor Greene. Yes, Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene. I was shocked, I did not believe that I was next to a well-known politician. She was very kind and respectful, I even got a picture with her!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Primary Day and Meeting Marjorie Taylor Greene!- Day Nine

 Today's the day, it's primary day! This is what it has all led up to. Even though I am an intern for the Democratic Party, I had a ...