Sunday, February 18, 2024

Nikki Haley Rally-Day One and Day Two

 Hello from South Carolina! After an eight-hour bus ride, I am finally in South Carolina. I am TIRED!! I woke up at 5am and did not take a nap. After getting to the hotel, I had dinner, hung out with friends, and went to sleep.

Day Two was amazing. I first went to Aiken County and talked to the Aiken County Democrats about their efforts to get out the vote during the first-in-the-South primary. What I found interesting is that the Aiken County Dems wanted to get a high turnout because they wanted to justify to the DNC that they made the right choice to move South Carolina to the first-in-the-nation primary for the Democrats. After talking to the Aiken County Dems, I went to the Aiken County Black History Month parade. 

The biggest event of the day was the Nikki Haley rally that I went to. That was my first campaign event ever! The turnout was good, especially since it was cold outside. Nikki Haley gave a good stump speech. I enjoyed the event! I even got a picture with her! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Primary Day and Meeting Marjorie Taylor Greene!- Day Nine

 Today's the day, it's primary day! This is what it has all led up to. Even though I am an intern for the Democratic Party, I had a ...